Acet International Network - ASSET - Christian response to AIDS - Church AIDS programmes: "ACET International Alliance members have:
* Given practical support to more than 3,500 people with AIDS
* Supported over 1,000 orphans
* Educated more than a million children in school lessons about sexual health and drug abuse
* Distributed 1.4 million educational resources to teenagers
* Provided 60,000 free books to workers in hard-hit nations
* Given access for a million free online book chapters
* Educated more than 100,000 health care professionals
* Provided technical support and advice to a large number of national and international agencies based in more than twenty nations, mostly in the poorest parts of the world
In addition, more than a million book chapters and AIDS resources have been downloaded from our website / resource area in the last 18 months.
ACET projects in many nations
ACET Member organisations are found in Uganda, Burundi, Zimbabwe, Thailand, India, Russia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Croatia, England, Scotland, Ireland, Jersey, Barbados and Guyana with a new Nigeria partnership about to begin. Work is growing most strongly in countries with low national income and high HIV incidence. "